Join us to make a difference
Junior Web Developer (PHP Codeigniter)
- Job Ref: CG02937
- Department: Design
- Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Salary: Industry Standard
- Hours: Full time
- Closing date: 15 Jan 2016
We have a vacancy for a developer to join our web team preferably with prior experience and work on the development of business critical systems. The candidate will be give an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment, be part of an innovative company and follow and excellent career progression path.
We're a young, well funded, fast growing start up in the retail technology space. The candidate will be working on a project in the emerging technologies implementations using machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms. The company employs the very best developers to be part of their expansion into exciting new market sectors, product development and innovation.
- You will be writing structured and reusable, annotated and modular codes to a high standard
- You will need to consider reliability, security and performance in everything you do
- You will interact with all areas of business on a daily basis including assisting clients with technical issues, meaning strong communication skills is a must, as are a self-starting attitude and a sense of adventure
- PHP CodeIgniter - OO PHP, MySQL, Agile environment
- Thorough understanding of modern coding conventions while using multiple frameworks such as OOP and Git
- Team and project management
- Proven ability to create tailored applications from conception to finish
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain advanced technical concepts
A Successfull candidate:
- Will take pride in his/her work, and consistently demonstrate an extremely high level of achievement and attention to detail
- Will be highly self-motivated, able to work as part of a team as well as independently with a minimum supervision
- Be the kind of person who likes attempting difficult tasks and achieving good results because you know you are capable, and take great pleasure in doing so
- Have right attitude for learning new things and be a quick learner
- Will be self driven, committed, dedicated and create light/fun work environment
What's on offer?
- Permanent full-time role with a 6 month probation period
- Flexible working hours
- Staff entertainment fund
- One hour team sports every week
- Movies/drinks/dinners every month
- On major wins, team's day out
Send an email with your CV, portfolio links and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment consultants please excuse.